Bespoke means made to order and since 1991 Robert Buchanan & Barbara Keen have been creating customised holidays to help you experience the best of France.
Last month we were going to update our website but the Covid 19 global pandemic has made that rather pointless for now. We’re all in lockdown now & travel is off the menu. Even it we could go, the Louvre is closed, as are many other museums, and restaurants, theatres, etc. Most canals are closed across the country now, though rental boat companies are hoping that they will be open again in June. So are we, but nobody knows at the moment – and nobody knows when they’ll know!
As soon as we have positive information from the providers we work with in France, we’ll put it up on the website.
In the meantime, take care and stay well –
Barbara & Robert
Annual escorted tours
- Usually in the European autumn – September/October
- Groups of 6 or more, exploring the bits of France you want to see
- Travel by private minibus and by boat, or barge, or bicycle…..
- The ultimate unwinding holiday
- Fully crewed barges sleeping 6-20 passengers
- All meals, wine, excursions, bikes & transfers included
- Most barges take individual cabin bookings or whole barge charters
- Charters can be tailored to your party’s interests – eg wine, golf, art
- Barges in France, Italy, Holland, Germany, UK & Ireland
Domaine de Cromey – at the heart of Burgundy
- Small groups of 6-12.
- Luxurious bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms.
- Walled park with swimming pool and 5 acre arboretum, including a cedar dating from about 1800.
- Exceptional food and wine.
- Two minibuses for flexible excursions to markets, chateaux, vineyards, medieval villages, churches and Beaune, the wine capital of Burgundy, famous for its remarkable Hotel Dieu.
The Walking Party
- Escorted small group walking holidays with host James
- Owner-operated since 1996 from an 18th century farmhouse in south-west France
- Blending excellent food and wine with gentle exercise and good company
- Available from March to October in Catalonia, Dordogne, Umbria, Tuscany, Suffolk, Query and Basque regions
Rental boat holidays
- Self drive, self catering holidays on the delightful French waterways
- Boats for parties of 2-10 available throughout France, plus Italy, Germany, Holland, Belgium, Spain, Portugal & Ireland.
- Pilot services & wheelchair-friendly boats available on some routes
- With our 35 years’ experience of French waterways, we will find you the best boat on the best route.
- Self-guided independent cycling & walking holidays
- Easy to moderate terrain & backup from a local agent for emergencies
- Accommodation, breakfasts, most dinners, detailed route guides, maps and luggage transfers included.
- Self-drive customised motoring holidays for independent travellers
- Independent travel with the security of an “invisible escort”.
- Detailed route guide, pre-booked accommodation
- Restaurant, sight-seeing and parking recommendations
Language & Cooking holidays
- Week-long residential French language courses for all levels at an elegant manor house outside Roanne, near Lyon
- Five-day residential cooking courses with two chefs at a converted farmhouse near Craon in the Loire Valley
- Customised one-off tours for groups of 4-20 people
- Self-guided using a combination of cars, bikes, boats & public transport, OR with a driver-guide in minibus or coach
- Our specialist areas are food, wine, gardens and the French waterways, but this is your tour, built around your interests!