The Loire River is over 1000kms long, rising in the Ardeche region and flowing into the Atlantic Ocean, but it is best known for its famous royal chateaux and gardens between Chambord and Angers. The valley is ideal for cycling and walking, with a gentle terrain of river flats and low rolling hills featuring chateaux of all sizes, and historic towns. It is known as the Garden of France, with market gardens and orchards, vineyards and forest, farmland and meadow, and wildlife, especially birds, with over 220 different species.
- Blois -3 nights. Easy terrain. Base yourself at a grand chambre d’hote in the heart of Blois and enjoy the historic centre, with a choice of three excursions to prestigious chateaux, No daily packing.
- Chitenay – 3 nights. Easy/moderate terrain. A selection of daily excursions from one base at a rustic country inn with good restaurant and swimming pool. Highlights include the chateaux at Cheverny, Chambord, Blois and Chaumont-sur-Loire. Maximum flexibility and no daily packing.
- Amboise – 3 nights. Easy/moderate terrain. A selection of daily excursions from one base at a charming central 4 star hotel with swimming pool. Highlights include the chateaux at Amboise, Chenonceau and Bourdaisiere and the vineyards of Vouvray and Montlouis. Maximum flexibility and no daily packing.
- Pays de Chateaux – 6 nights. Easy terrain. Linear route cycling from Blois to Tours with 2 nights in Chitenay and 2 in Amboise. Highlights include the chateaux at Blois, Chambord, Cheverny, Amboise and Chenonceau.
- Touraine Chateaux – 5 nights. Moderate terrain. Circular route which starts and ends in Blois and offers a short exploration of the vineyards and gardens of the Touraine region as well as the famous chateaux.
- Chateaux Country – One – 7 nights. Easy-Moderate terrain. Linear route cycling from Blois to Tours with 3 nights in Blois, 2 in Amboise and 2 in Tours. Highlights include the chateaux and gardens at Blois, Chambord, Chaumont-sur-Loire, Amboise, Chenonceau and Villandry.
- Chateaux Country – Two – 7 nights. Easy-Moderate terrain. This tour extends the route to Saumur via Azay-le-Rideau and Chinon.
- Western Loire – 5/7 nights. Moderate terrain. Circular route from Saumur with 2 nights in Fontevraud and 2 in Azay-le-Rideau. Highlights include the chateaux at Saumur, Chinon, Azay-le-Rideau and Villandry and Fontevraud. Option to extend the itinerary to 7 nights.
- Loire à Velo – 5 to 14 nights. Easy to moderate-plus terrain. Linear routes from Nevers to Orleans, Orleans to Tours, Tours to Angers, Angers to St Brevin . They can be booked as individual short holidays or combined into longer trips, plus there are two FAMILY routes for novice cyclists and children, which have shorter, easier days, cycling around 20kms.