Bespoke means made to order and since 1991 Robert Buchanan & Barbara Keen have been creating customised holidays to help you experience the best of France.
Private escorted tours
- Usually in the European autumn – September/October
- Groups of 6 or more, exploring the bits of France you want to see
- Travel by private minibus and by boat, or barge, or bicycle…..
- The ultimate unwinding holiday
- Fully crewed barges sleeping 6-20 passengers
- All meals, wine, excursions, bikes & transfers included
- Most barges take individual cabin bookings or whole barge charters
- Charters can be tailored to your party’s interests – eg wine, golf, art
- Barges in France, Italy, Holland, Germany, UK & Ireland
Domaine de Cromey – at the heart of Burgundy
- Small groups of 6-12.
- Luxurious bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms.
- Walled park with swimming pool and 5 acre arboretum, including a cedar dating from about 1800.
- Exceptional food and wine.
- Two minibuses for flexible excursions to markets, chateaux, vineyards, medieval villages, churches and Beaune, the wine capital of Burgundy, famous for its remarkable Hotel Dieu.
The Walking Party
- Escorted small group walking holidays with hosts James & Diana
- Owner-operated since 1996 from their 18th century farmhouse in south-west France
- Blending excellent food and wine with gentle exercise and good company
- Donkeys accompany most walks in France & Italy, carrying the kit & lunch
- Available from March to October in Catalonia, Dordogne, Umbria, Tuscany, Suffolk, Query and Basque regions
Rental boat holidays
- Self drive, self catering holidays on the delightful French waterways
- Boats for parties of 2-10 available throughout France, plus Italy, Germany, Holland, Belgium, Spain, Portugal & Ireland.
- Pilot services & wheelchair-friendly boats available on some routes
- With our 35 years’ experience of French waterways, we will find you the best boat on the best route.
Backroad Discovery – 2018 updates for cycling & walking coming soon!
- Self-guided independent cycling & walking holidays
- Easy to moderate terrain & backup from a local agent for emergencies
- Accommodation, breakfasts, most dinners, detailed route guides, maps and luggage transfers included.
- Self-drive customised motoring holidays for independent travellers
- Independent travel with the security of an “invisible escort”.
- Detailed route guide, pre-booked accommodation
- Restaurant, sight-seeing and parking recommendations
Language & Cooking holidays
- Week-long residential French language courses for all levels at an elegant manor house outside Roanne, near Lyon
- Five-day residential cooking courses with two chefs at a converted farmhouse near Craon in the Loire Valley
- Customised one-off tours for groups of 4-20 people
- Self-guided using a combination of cars, bikes, boats & public transport, OR with a driver-guide in minibus or coach
- Our specialist areas are food, wine, gardens and the French waterways, but this is your tour, built around your interests!