Freewheeling France – self-guided driving holidays.
Driving holidays for people who want to explore independently with the security of a planned itinerary. This is more than a just a GPS and a car! We write the daily itineraries based on our knowledge of the region, roads and restaurants. No turning up a country lane that becomes walking track, or arriving at the wrong destination. Just tell us where you want to go, how long you’ve got, your must-see sights, preferred accommodation and leave the rest to us.
- Drive yourself & enjoy the flexibility & freedom of independent travel, with the ease and peace of mind of an escorted tour.
- Detailed daily route guide with roads maps and town plans showing access & exit roads, where to park, tourist information office….
- Character accommodation with ensuite bathrooms – that includes B&Bs, hotels, châteaux hotels and special restaurants with rooms.
- All breakfasts, and restaurant recommendations for lunch and dinner.
- Notes and recommendations on places of interest, market days, vineyards, shopping, French customs, etc….
- Drive for a few days or several weeks, and our Freewheeling France holidays are often combined with a barge cruise, a rental boat, a language/cooking course, or our walking and cycling holidays.
While all Freewheeling France holidays are fully customised, some itineraries remain popular year after year:
CHAMPAGNE & BURGUNDY – Click here for a sample route outline.
DORDOGNE – Click here for a sample route outline.
LOIRE & NORMANDY – Click here for a sample route outline.
ALSACE – Click here for a sample route outline.
CATALONIA & PROVENCE – Click here for a sample route outline.