The Domaine de Cromey sits among the vines in a peaceful setting to the south of Beaune. The property has been a baronial farm and winery, but today it is a luxury manor house complex dedicated to the enjoyment of the food, wine and natural beauty of Burgundy. With six ensuite rooms in a courtyard within the acres of a walled park, Domaine de Cromey offers modern comfort and sophistication in a tranquil setting from a bygone time.
Hosts Dennis Sherman and Ellie Garvin went to France in 1983 with the naïve idea of apprenticing themselves to the great chefs of Europe… and simply never went home. Now, with over 30 years’ experience and a boundless passion for Burgundy, they bring their widely-renowned cuisine and local knowledge of small-production Burgundy wine to Cromey. So let them show you the true Burgundy and open doors that other tourists never find. They will take you into vineyards with the people who work them daily, introduce you to families that they have known for generations and give you access to the Burgundy that is their home.
Cromey is available by the week for house parties with family and friends and for food & wine workshops of 3 to 6 days. The workshops are ideal for amateurs and professionals as they will tweak the programme to suit your group. For other months they offer their Burgundy House Party weeks for groups of 8 to 12, but food or wine workshops can also be scheduled by arrangement.
- Small groups of 6-12.
- Luxurious bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms.
- Walled park with swimming pool and 5 acre arboretum, including a cedar dating from about 1800.
- Exceptional food and wine.
- Two minibuses for flexible excursions to markets, chateaux, vineyards, medieval villages, churches and Beaune, the wine capital of Burgundy, famous for its remarkable Hotel Dieu.
- Contact us for a brochure and more information.