Your floating hotel with a gourmet chef, sundeck, bar, air-conditioned cabins, ensuite bathrooms and private tour guide.
Leave your worries behind and put yourself in the hands of the experienced crew, who will pick you up at the designated meeting point and transfer you to your barge. They’ll carry your luggage, serve delicious meals accompanied by fine wines from the region, and take you off to explore villages, local markets, chateaux, churches and vineyards. All cruises are a mix of on-shore excursions and slow cruising, so there’ll be ample time to relax on deck and watch the countryside unfold, stroll along the towpath or go exploring on one of the boat’s bikes. Each morning, wake up to fresh pastries and coffee and another glorious day lived at 5 kms an hour.
Book a cabin or charter the whole barge. Barge charters can be tailored to your party’s interests, such as wine, golf, cooking, cycling, etc. Most cruises include all meals, table wines, on-shore excursions, bikes and transfers.
We’ve worked on hotel barges and cruised most of the French canals, and we use our 30 years of experience to find you the hotel barge that best suits your interests and budget. Choose your region, then choose your barge, or contact us for more information.
- BURGUNDY is where hotel barge cruising started and it offers a wide variety of barges, including our selection of 9 vessels, which we’ve divided into two regions –
- Western Burgundy: LUCIOLE (sleeps 12), L’ART DE VIVRE (sleeps 8), RANDLE (sleeps 4) & LA BELLE EPOQUE (sleeps 12) – READ MORE
- Eastern Burgundy: L’IMPRESSIONISTE (sleeps 12), FINESSE (sleeps 8), MAGNOLIA(sleeps 6), SAROCHE (sleeps 6), PAPILLON (sleeps 6)
- ALSACE is a delightful mix of French and German cultures and the PANACHE (sleeps 12) is our favourite barge on this dramatic waterway – READ MORE
- CHAMPAGNE is mainly river cruising and most barges cruise here for part of the season only. Two that we like are: PANACHE (sleeps 12), & SAROCHE (sleeps 6) READ MORE
- THE SOUTH of FRANCE has France’s oldest canal, the Midi, with smaller locks and smaller barges, and the Camargue, which is Europe largest wetland wilderness. Our barge selection includes: ANJODI (sleeps 8), EMMA (sleeps 6), ATHOS (sleeps 10), CLAIR DE LUNE (sleeps 6), ENCHANTE (sleeps 8) – READ MORE
- AQUITAINE is the fertile valley between Bordeaux and Toulouse and we offer a choice of two barges: ST LOUIS (sleeps 6), ROSA (sleeps 8) – READ MORE
- LOIRE & Upper Loire The Loire River itself is not navigable, but its tributary, the Cher, has been canalised and is home to the NYMPHEA (sleeps 6). The Briare and Loire canals offer a larger barge: RENAISSANCE (sleeps 8) – READ MORE
- HOLLAND – 11-13 night two-country cruises March and April is the tulip season in Holland, so one barge offers special Tulip cruises, before cruising south through Belgium to Paris in May, when unique longer transit cruises are available: PANACHE (sleeps 12) – READ MORE
- ITALY Venice is synonymous with water and boats, so the most perfect way to experience the Venetian lagoon and the Po Valley is on board LA BELLA VITA (sleeps 20) – READ MORE
- ENGLAND The Thames has been London’s and England’s life blood for centuries so what could be better than a cruise up to Henley on the MAGNA CARTA? (sleeps 8) – READ MORE
- SCOTLAND The Great Glen (Caledonian Canal) cuts through the centre of the highlands and is home to the SCOTTISH HIGHLANDER (sleeps 8) & the SPIRIT OF SCOTLAND (sleeps 9) READ MORE
- IRELAND The River Shannon runs through the heart of Ireland and its largest hotel barge is the SHANNON PRINCESS (sleeps 10) – READ MORE